Spiralized!!! OK, so I’ve been doing really, really well with the raw eating this week, and here’s how:
- I already had down the raw granola bars, so the first thing I did was whip up a batch of that.
- I bought a f**k ton of fruits, veggies and nuts, and immediately made juice and a few salads to have laying around.
- Last week, I made up a batch of cashew cheese. So, this week, when I wanted to make Cashew Cheese Ravioli, it was super simple.
- I also whipped up some cold sesame zoodles, since it takes about 20 minutes, is delicious, and feels substantial when you’re eating them. Also, they last a few days in the fridge.
- I bought ingredients for mango guacamole, and then got cracking with some raw tortilla chips in the dehydrator. I knew it would take about 24 hours, and that I wanted to make granola bars as well, so I bought the mango and avocados a little hard so they’d be ready for the chips.
- I pre-made my morning green smoothie each day so when I wake up at the break of dawn they’re ready to go. I prefer them fresh but the night before a’int so bad.
- I have 2 more meals planned and ready to go. One is mainly dry ingredients and will take a couple of days with the dehydrator, so I’m planning on starting that Saturday morning when I can have some time at home. The other is ready to go with the ingredients just a little heartier than some others.
So, all in all, I have literally eaten nothing but raw foods since Monday! It is possible!
I think it’s also really helped that I’m not worrying about eating ONLY raw food…so if I have to, I’ll eat something not raw. That way I’m not stressing about it, but it seems I’ve been more able to then actually eat raw. Does this make sense? Maybe not, but the permission to eat other things has helped my state of mind with this.
Anyway, don’t give up heart! I’ve tried this before and failed, so this is my way of finding a way to make this work. A project food, indeed. All recipes I mentioned will be posted.