Alright! I’m back to the raw. It helps that it’s been too hot to turn on my stove, bbq or oven. 🙂
Anyway, this is pretty fantastic tasting. I found it on a blog called Rawmazing. Despite the name, there looks to be an awfully lot of tasty, healthy recipes on there. You can find this one here. Anyway, she claims this serves 4. I would say it more serves about 3…I definitely wouldn’t plan on this being enough food for a dinner party with 4 people. I made it last night, and it fed both myself and the hubby…and I had a lunch to bring with me today. But 4 is pushing it. What it IS, though, is both raw and delicious. Don’t skip the smoked paprika!! That made the dish, as far as I was concerned.
- 5 cups fresh corn (about 4-5 ears) divided
- 1 cup fresh almond milk (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- pinch himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- Place 3 cups corn and almond milk in blender or food processor and process until sooth. I used a vitamix and blended for a few minutes so that it was warm.
- Add remaining corn and pulse just to break down additional kernels. You want the soup to be chunky.
- Pulse in smoked paprika, cayenne powder, salt and pepper.
- Top each bowl with 1/4 of the pumpkin seeds, tomato and avocado.
Everyone likes their almond milk slightly different; I like a bit of sweetness in mine with a fuller almond taste. So, this is how I make it:
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 cups water
- 2 – 3 pitted dates
Blend in a Vitamix until smooth. Pour into a nut milk bag or a cheesecloth and “milk” it. It kind of really does feel like you’re milking it.
This is good!! LOVELY fresh summer flavors. We both loved it. And I can’t wait for lunch.