So, these are really, really good. I’m super impressed by Douglas McNish’s cookbook, “Eat Raw, Eat Well”. Every recipe I’ve tried so far has been filling, delicious and different. This meal is no different. The spicy crisp daikon egg noodles mixed with the spicy curry type sauce (I found it more like a curry than a pad thai sauce. Still, fantastic.) really worked together, and I never felt like I wasn’t getting enough to eat.
Daikon Radish Egg Noodles:
- 1 medium daikon radish, peeled
- 2 tbls. cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground tumeric
- Spiralize daikon (or slowly cut ribbons)
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and tumeric
- Add to noodles and mix thoroughly
- Allow to sit for an hour for noodles to soften and become more pliable.
Spicy Pad Thai Sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups raw hemp seeds, soaked in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbls. agave nectar
- 2 tbls. pureed ginger root
- 1 tbls. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 4 dates
- In a food processor, process all ingredients until smooth.
You will have leftover sauce for various other things (recipe coming that includes this sauce! It’s yummy, you want leftovers). Or, feel free to make extra daikon noodles for the remainder of the sauce.