This is crazy delicious. And also really hard to believe there is nothing bad in here, and that it’s entirely raw. I made it myself so I am sure, but it’s still, really hard to believe. Again, this is plucked straight from “Eat Raw, Eat Well” by Douglas McNish. (McNish, how are you such a raw foods genius?!?)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in 1/2 cup of water for 20 minutes and drained
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 2 tbsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, divided
- 2 tsp. fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced apple, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced celery, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a bowl, toss kale, olive oil, 2 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp. salt, and set aside to soften for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup apple, 1/4 cup celery, water, soaked cashews and remaining lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Blend till smooth and creamy. Pou over softened kale. Add walnuts, raisins, remaining apple and celery and toss. Allow to marinade for 5 minutes before serving.
I found this kept well for up to 3 days. That’s all it lasted so I can’t say beyond that. The kale is nice and hearty so it keeps well even with the dressing.