Um. This is outstanding tasting. And I bet you could mix it up however you wanted and it would still be great. Yes, again I got this recipe from Eat Raw, Eat Well (Douglas McNish) but in this case I already swapped out ingredients and used what I had on hand, which in this case was sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds (although I fully intend to make this again with the pumpkin seeds, since I’m sure they go perfectly with these flavors).
- 1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
- 1 cup peeled, chopped mango
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 tbls. cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint*
- pinch of sea salt
*Herbs can also be swapped out based on what you’ve got/your taste preferences.
- Combine jicama, mango, seeds, olive oil and lime juice in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Add herbs and salt and mix well to combine.