OK, a couple things.
- I had never thought about a cashew cream sauce. This is an amazing idea and it opens a world of possibilities. A WORLD!!! I owe it all to Rawmazing. Thank you, rawmazing. The cashew cream is truly a miracle.
- This is terrific.
That’s really all I have to say about it. It’s simple and perfect, just the way it is. You can find the recipe on Rawmazing here. Or just read on and I will tell you everything.
Basil Vegan Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked until soft (a few hours or overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, coarsly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3-4 cucumbers
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup basil vegan cream sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
- Blend cashews, water, lemon juice, and miso until smooth.
- Add chopped garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Blend on lowest speed to incorporate. You should still see the chopped basil leaves.
- Spiralize the cucumber noodles.
- Pat the noodles dry with paper towels.
- Stir in the sauce, tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Top with fresh ground pepper.
That’s all there is to it. So, so good.