So. I knew I would like this when I saw the recipe on Rawmazing. But I kept waiting to have all the ingredients in house, and putting it off…finally I just decided to make it with whatever I had, seeing as you really can’t go wrong, if you like it and it’s crunchy, you’re good. So remember that as you look through this recipe and feel free to add whatever you’ve got and eliminate whatever you don’t! Anyway, this is fantastic. I’m eating it right now as I type for extra inspiration. 🙂 The recipe below is what I ended up with, rather than the recipe as written, so again, I’d say to more look at this as a rough guide and then find your own way.
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 5 carrots, shredded
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons basil, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 dates, soaked until soft (save soaking water)
- 1/2 cup date soaking water
- 1 habanero chili
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
(or tamari or shoyu)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 lime, sliced
- Mix cabbage, celery, carrots, avocado, scallion and basil in a bowl.
- Place almond butter, dates, date water, habanero, Bragg’s, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad, and mix well.
- Squeeze lime over salad just before eating, and garnish with extra lime slices.
Bam! Healthy, hearty, and delicious.