My stepmother recently had a birthday, and she loves pie. Almost every year I make her some sort of pie and bring it to whatever restaurant we’re dining in and make them serve it for dessert.
This year I thought I’d experiment and try and make up a pie, and see how it turned out. I burnt the first crust, so it turned into 2 pies. And since I thought I could do better, it became 2 different pies. 🙂
They are both really yummy. And, pretty damn simple, too. They are the same, except for one simple step. So, I’ll list one recipe with a variation.
- 12 full graham crackers
- 5 tbls. butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 pints of blueberries
- 1 15 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine graham crackers, butter, and sugar in a food processor, and pulse until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a pie pan and press in place with your hands.
- Pop into oven and bake for about 10 minutes…be sure to keep an eye on it cause every oven is different, and as you can see, I burnt my first crust. (it was still delicious).
- Set aside to cool.
- FOR THE PURPLE PIE: combine one pint of blueberries with the can of sweetened condensed milk in a blender and pulse until well combined. FOR THE NON-PURPLE PIE, SKIP THIS STEP AND PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP
- Pour (condensed milk and blueberries) into a pot and place over a medium flame.
- Add the eggs and bring to a low boil.
- Add remaining blueberries.
- Pour into the crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
One thought on “Blueberry Cream Pie, Two Ways”