Hey, I never promised each meal would be exciting. But they are still delicious!!
So this is a work day and food had to be packed and taken to work. So!
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 Asian pear (yum!)
- A couple of pieces of homemade bacon, fried up quick right before I walked out the door.
All in all, really tasty, without being a pain to prep.
I took the shrimp salad that I had made the night before, and filled a mason jar with salad greens on the bottom half and the shrimp salad on the top half. At lunchtime all I did was dump the contents into a bowl and enjoy. Side note: it was really tasty.
I made this the night before and so I could heat it for dinner and then still have time to prep some stuff for the next day.
Three Cup Chicken:
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter or vegetable oil
- 1 2-to-3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into coins, approximately 12
- 12 cloves of garlic (or more to taste), peeled
- 4 whole scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- a bunch of peppers. I used poblanos.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless or bone-in, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup rice wine
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 cups thai basil or basil
- Heat a wok over high heat and add 2 tablespoons cooking fat. When the oil shimmers, (or clarified butter glistens) add the ginger, garlic, scallions and peppers, and cook until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Scrape the aromatics to the sides of the wok, add remaining oil and allow to heat through. Add the chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is browned and crisping at the edges, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rice wine and soy sauce, and bring just to a boil. Lower the heat, then simmer until the sauce has reduced and started to thicken, approximately 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the basil and stir to combine.
After I ate, I then turned to prep for the next day. I got a bunch of jerky ready to dehydrate, which I did overnight. I way simplified my seasoning since Worcester and Soy Sauce are no gos, so I basically just used salt and liquid smoke. Dehydrated overnight and it was ready by my morning run. Yeah! I also spiralized 3 zucchinis and made a turkey bolognese sauce to eat the next day. 58 days to go!