I got these amazing yellow tomatoes that I couldn’t stop staring at. So I decided to make them into a Yellow Shakshuka. It was glorious. You should definitely make this.
- 2 medium sized yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper (any color will do), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 cups of chopped tomatoes (in this case, yellow tomatoes)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ghee for cooking
- sugar free hot sauce for serving
- cilantro for serving
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook gently until very soft, about 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in cumin, paprika and cayenne, and cook 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper; simmer until tomatoes have thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with hot sauce.
I served this with the greatest sausage ever. I also recommend that. Eat this with sausage.