Really, can you Whole30 anything? I think, more or less. Well, maybe not bread related things. But certainly many things. And fish and chips, for sure. This was simple and delicious.
- 1 lb Haddock or other white, flaky fish
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- a few sprigs of thyme and oregano, removed from the sprigs and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Cut potatoes into fries, by hand, making them as thin or thick as you like them
- Toss with olive oil and spread on baking sheet
- Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper on top and place in the pre-heated oven.
- Spread almond flour onto a plate, placed next to a large bowl with the beaten eggs.
- Dip each fillet into the eggs, and then into the almond flour.
- Heat ghee in skillet over medium heat
- When melted, add fillets to skillet, giving each one plenty of room. You can make them in batches if need be.
- Cook about 2 – 3 minutes on one side; flip and 2 – 3 minutes more on the other side.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fries, salad, Whole30 ketchup and Whole30 mayo.
Just realized I haven’t posted Whole30 ketchup and mayo recipes!! I will redeem myself and link to them.