This is a glorious cake. And, it can be cooked in nine, yes, NINE, minutes in the instant pot.
I stole this recipe directly from this nurse’s cooking blog. It does not need tweaking. Thank you, cooking nurse.
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbs Vanilla
- 6 tbs flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix well
- Mix in powdered sugar
- Add 3 eggs and the yolk
- Add vanilla and flour. Stir well.
- Butter your ramekins or 6oz pyrex bowls, and pour batter into each bowl.
- Place your trivet in your instant pot with one cup of water.
- Place your bowls on the trivet. (I used larger ramekins so only had to make 2)
- Close the instant pot and set to 9 minutes on manual.
- When it’s done, use the quick release method and eat!
- I am not going to put the ice cream and magic shell in my version of this recipe because I don’t want anyone having a heart attack. But if you’re feeling very decadent, a topping of vanilla ice cream would certainly go very nicely with this. The rest of it and you’re just asking for trouble.