Well, this is just delicious. Also, oxtail usually takes hours to cook to perfection, and now, thanks to my amazing Instant Pot, I have achieved melt-in-your-mouth fall-off-the-bone oxtail in slightly over an hour. What?? Yes.
Here’s what to do:
- 2 lbs oxtail
- 1 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into dimes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1″ chunk of ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili sauce)
- scallions for serving
- Brown oxtail in a skillet. You can use the Instant Pot but there’s too much oxtail and you want it done right, so just suck it up and use the skillet.
- Transfer to Instant Pot
- Mix remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl (not scallions) and pour over the oxtail.
- Set on manual for 1 hour, or press the Meat setting and then adjust it up to an hour.
- Use the 10 minute quick release method. Serve over brown rice and sprinkle with scallions.