Well, I wouldn’t normally make this, but the Instant Pot has me making all sorts of things I shouldn’t make. Stop being so easy, Instant Pot!!!
I took this recipe right from the book that comes with the pot. Why mess around with what’s obviously tried and true?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbls. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- turbinado sugar for topping
- Place the trivet into the Instant Pot and pour two cups of water in below.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl, add sugar and whisk well.
- Add cream and vanilla and whisk just until combined, do not whip!!
- Pour the mixture through a strainer. Instant Pot suggests you pour it into a container with a spout in order to transfer the mixture to the ramekins. I just strained it right into the ramekins.
- Cover ramekins tightly with tin foil and place in the pot.
- Place lid on pot and set to 10 minutes on manual.
- Use the natural release method once it’s done.
- Remove ramekins from pot and allow to cool, uncovered for 30 – 45 minutes on your counter.
- Wrap ramekins in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 3 – 4 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap, sprinkle with turbinado sugar, and either use a torch or place ramekins under your broiler for 5 minutes to caramelize.