This is my go to smoothie; it’s way quick and easy, really healthy and also incredibly yummy.
- 4 large leaves of collards, kale, dandelion greens, or other bitter leafy green
- Large chunk of watermelon (play around with the amount you like for consistency and sweetness)
- 2 inch chunk of peeled ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend until nice and smooth. You will need to tamper the ingredients until the watermelon breaks up — but once it does you will not need to add any water or milk or anything, the watermelon, she is magic.
This is super decadent. I actually almost felt like I was eating a peach milkshake. But no! It is healthy and also delicious.
- 4 – 6 small peaches, extra ripe
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almond milk (1 cup almonds, 3 cups water, 2 pitted dates, blend till smooth and drain in a nut milk bag)
- Blend ingredients until smooth in a vitamix or other high speed blender
YUM!! A mix of many different ingredients all packed with antioxidants make this smoothie a delicious way to start the day. From Eat Raw, Eat Well, by Douglas McNish.
- 1 cup hemp milk (I like to make it with 3 cups of water to 2 tsp. of hemp seeds, plus 2 dates for some sweetness.)
- 1/4 cup chopped kale or chard or other dark leafy green
- 8 blueberries (I may have used 10 – 15)
- 1 banana
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tbls. raw cacau powder
- 2 tsp. raw hemp seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a cup and drink.
So, I almost never post recipes of shakes, since there are a million and I tend to stick to my regulars (as a side note, I’m a HUGE fan of the, dark leafy green mixed with chunks of watermelon and a chunk of ginger, you don’t need a liquid cause the watermelon is so water based).
But I tried this one this morning and it was SO good. I kept raving about it and finally my boyfriend was like, “Why don’t you blog about it.” Which I’m sure was meant sarcastically but whatever. I am totally blogging about this shit.
I got the recipe from “Eat Raw, Eat Well” by Douglas McNish. It sounded interesting, I had all the ingredients, and I needed some energy this morning. And, it was spectacular.
While I can’t say it tastes like bacon, I can say it tastes really fing good.
- 1 cup of hemp milk (3 tbls. hemp seed, 4 cups water and 2 dates — makes more than 1 cup)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tsp. agave
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Blend in a Vitamix until creamy.
Um. Yum! Drink this smoothie. It’s great and will give you lots of energy.