This is really good. Though I’m starting to think that any creation you can think of with jicama would be good. This is literally what I walked home from my CSA pick up with. (Aside from the jicama which I just had at home). I totally made it up as I went. Here’s the gist:
- 1 cup of cubed jicama
- 1 cup of cubed watermelon
- 1 cup of halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- pumpkin seeds (added after this photo was taken)
- loosely torn fresh mint
- loosely torn purple basil
- about 1 tbls. balsamic vinegar
- about 2 tbls. cold pressed olive oil
- Mix all ingredients except for oil and vinegar together in a bowl
- Toss with oil and balsamic and enjoy.
So, this is incredibly delicious. I’ve been bringing it in for lunch and it keeps me full through till dinner. Also, it makes me feel good, like doing cartwheels when I’m done eating. THAT’S how I like to feel when a meal is over. Like doing cartwheels. Otherwise, not really worth it, right?
So. Make this. And eat it.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 6+ hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juice from
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 3 avocados, mashed
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large jicama, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Mix cashews, lemon juice, olive oil, agave, dried mustard, salt and pepper together in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, creating a “mayo”.
- Mix “mayo” into mashed avocado.
- Toss together with remaining ingredients.