This is my go to smoothie; it’s way quick and easy, really healthy and also incredibly yummy.
- 4 large leaves of collards, kale, dandelion greens, or other bitter leafy green
- Large chunk of watermelon (play around with the amount you like for consistency and sweetness)
- 2 inch chunk of peeled ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend until nice and smooth. You will need to tamper the ingredients until the watermelon breaks up — but once it does you will not need to add any water or milk or anything, the watermelon, she is magic.
This is really good. Though I’m starting to think that any creation you can think of with jicama would be good. This is literally what I walked home from my CSA pick up with. (Aside from the jicama which I just had at home). I totally made it up as I went. Here’s the gist:
- 1 cup of cubed jicama
- 1 cup of cubed watermelon
- 1 cup of halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- pumpkin seeds (added after this photo was taken)
- loosely torn fresh mint
- loosely torn purple basil
- about 1 tbls. balsamic vinegar
- about 2 tbls. cold pressed olive oil
- Mix all ingredients except for oil and vinegar together in a bowl
- Toss with oil and balsamic and enjoy.