This is so easy, and also, so delicious!!! Also, I’ll give a basic recipe for the cauliflower grits but think of it more as a cauliflower puree, and therefore you can change up herbs, etc., and eat with anything.
- 1 lb wild shrimp, unpeeled
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into slivers
- 3 tbls. ghee
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Heat broth in a large covered pot until it boils.
- While it’s heating, chop cauliflower into small pieces. Don’t worry about appearance.
- Add cauliflower pieces to pot and re-cover. Turn heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Add bacon to a skillet and fry until cooked to your liking. Transfer to paper towels. Do not discard bacon fat from skillet.
- Transfer cauliflower and broth to a food processor. Add 2 tbls. ghee, rosemary, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, de-shell shrimp (and set shells aside to make stock.)
- Add a tablespoon of ghee to the bacon skillet and heat along with excess bacon fat.
- Once heated, add shrimp to skillet, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, and cook until done, about 2 – 3 minutes a side.
- Portion the cauliflower mash into bowls and top with bacon and shrimp. Eat immediately.