I feel like this blog post should be titled “More of the Same”. I mean, even that breakfast looks uninspiring. (Although the leftover nik was delicious. I overdid the egg in the microwave trying to re-heat the nik…the egg was perfect when I left home). But still, the last few days I have been down on the diet. I’ve never been one not to break rules. I’m still feeling amazing, I’m just bored and want to change it up.
Also, I think the fact that this is called “Whole 30” and I’m not stopping after 30 days has been bumming me out. It’s some sort of mental thing, even though I’ve always known I was going 60 days with this I feel like, I should be super excited to be done with this right about now, and instead I’m like, hmmm, only half way through. I mean, I’ll get over it, and last night’s dinner was incrediballs, but I’m not there yet. So, meh.
I had some yummy things, but mostly boring things, like a canned Alaskan salmon salad and other salads. Breakfast yesterday was good:
And last night’s dinner was great. Now that I have sugar free fish sauce life is way simpler.
Thai Basil Chicken with Red Shishitos:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint shishito peppers
- 1 – 2 cups thai basil
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. guar gum
- sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Heat a tbls. sesame oil over high heat in a wok. When it shimmers, add the garlic and peppers and stir fry until the peppers are charred.
- Add the chicken and cook through.
- Add fish sauce and mix well, turn heat to medium and cook down a few minutes.
- In the meantime, add guar gum to 1/4 cup of water and dissolve fully.
- Add that mixture to the stir fry and stir to combine.
- Once the sauce thickens slightly, transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.
So? I just have to get it up to keep things creative. Also, the time has been going fairly quickly…so I’ll just keep hoping it flies on by.